Knowledge Assessment Test
Upon entering JAMP, students will take a Knowledge Assessment Test to determine proficiency in foundational concepts of Biology and General Chemistry. These results determine to which Summer I enrichment track the student will be assigned.
Phase I - Summer I
Students may be assigned to the following Phase I programs:
- Critical Thinking (10 hrs/week)
- Verbal reasoning, reading comprehension (speed, vocabulary)
- General Chemistry (8 hrs/week)
- Full and in-depth coverage of General Chemistry topics relevant to the MCAT.
- Biology (8 hrs/week)
- Full and in-depth coverage of Biology topics relevant to the MCAT.
- Science component: Physiology and/or Anatomy or another science
- Preceptorships/clinical exposure
- Seminars on Ethics/Professionalism
- Other academic/professional activities
Phase II - Junior Academic Year
Students will receive the following resources as part of the Live Online Kaplan preparation:
- Live Online (LOL) Program – 300+ hours of comprehensive prep over 6 months taught in a live online class with designated class dates and times. Provides students with access to the Kaplan Library of MCAT Preparation modules.
- Online Review Sessions – Students will be required to attend 3 out of 5 live review sessions during which they can ask questions of an instructor covering any aspect of the MCAT prep.
*All students in Phase II must take the MCAT by the March 2014 test date.
Tuesday Live Online Syllabus - Click here
Wednesday Live Online Syllabus - Click here
Review Sessions - Click here
MCAT Prep Handbook - Click here
JAMP MCAT Contact
For questions or concerns, please contact:
JAMP Admissions Counselor