Tuition & the Budget
UT System Budget: Where the Money Comes From FY 2012
Budget Fast Facts
- UT System's total operating budget is $13.1 billion.
- General Revenue (State appropriations) is 14.2% of total revenues, down from 15.4% in FY 2011.
UT System Administration Budget
The budget for the central administration is divided into:
- Fee-for-service functions (construction, employee health insurance, etc.).
- Functions that are paid for through State appropriations (mostly from the Available University Fund with a small amount of General Revenue)
Doing More with Less
The UT System Administration has added or expanded several value-added functions since 1999:
- Systemwide and System Administration compliance programs.
- K-16 - Institute for Public School Initiatives program (including Reading First Program).
- Office of Federal Relations.
- Enhanced security measures.
- Private sector support (Houston Endowment, Meadows Foundation, and others) have helped support some functions, such as outreach to public school students and teachers. These include a program to help 11th grade students prepare for the TAKS test, and a program to further the professional development of teachers so they can qualify for the advanced status under the federal Leave No Child Behind act.
- UT System Productivity Dashboard
UT System Regents Approve $13.1 Billion Operating Budget - News Release