Premium Sharing, Basic and Optional Coverages
As a retired employee, UT and the State of Texas will pay 100% of your premiums for the basic coverage package, and up to 50% of the premiums for your dependents' medical coverage. You are responsible for all optional coverage premiums.
If you are a benefits-eligible retired employee with coverage under another group health plan and elect to waive the basic coverage package you are eligible to use 50% of the state premium sharing to purchase Dental and/or Vision Coverage. If you waive, you will not be enrolled in Basic Group Life Insurance or be eligible for the Living Well Program as those are a part of the Basic Coverage Package.
UT Benefits includes the following basic coverage package for eligible retired employees:
- UT SELECT Medical Plan, with Prescription Drug Coverage
- $6,000 Basic Group Life Insurance
You may select the following Optional Coverage(s) for yourself and your eligible dependents, unless stated otherwise:
- UT SELECT Medical Plan, with Prescription Drug Coverage, for your eligible dependents
- UT SELECT Dental Insurance
- UT SELECT Dental Plus Insurance
- DeltaCare USA Dental HMO
- Superior Vision Insurance
- Superior Vision Plus Insurance
- Voluntary Group Term Life Insurance
- Long-Term Care (LTC)