Welcome to the University of Texas System! As part of our UT community, you are very important to all of us at the Office of Employee Benefits (OEB). That's why we're pleased to offer UT Benefits, a dynamic and flexible package of valuable programs. Through UT Benefits, you and your family have access to comprehensive health insurance, financial protection through life and disability insurance, a variety of tax-deferred and post-tax retirement savings options, and numerous resources to support your overall well-being.
This website and the Handbook for Employees wil help you understand all of the available options so that you can make the best possible benefits decisions for yourself and your family.
New employees have 31 days from their hire date to enroll in the UT Benefits programs.
Learn about your UT Benefits
- Enroll within 31 days of your date of hire through your institution HR/Benefits Office.
- Complete evidence of insurability (EOI) if necessary no later than 15 days from the end of the initial period of eligibility.
- Keep a copy of your enrollment and check your first paycheck after your benefits effective date to be sure your coverage is correct.
- Add, update, or confirm beneficiary information for life, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D), and voluntary retirement accounts.
- Look for new ID cards within two weeks of your effective date if you have enrolled in new coverage.