July>UT FLEX Health
UT FLEX Health –Get Reimbursed for Mileage!
Are you frequently traveling to and from a hospital or other medical establishments for medical attention? With your UT FLEX Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA), you can save money on your medically related transportation expenses!
Here’s how it works:
- Your UT FLEX HCRA can be used for your transportation expenses if they are related to seeking medical attention at a hospital or other medical establishment and does not include any leisure travel.
- Eligible medical transportation expenses include:
- Bus fares
- Taxi fares
- Subway fares
- Train fares
- Parking expenses
- Rental car fees
- You can also get reimbursed for your mileage to and from the medical establishment at an IRS determined rate of 23 cents per mile. This amount is subject to change annually.
- Individuals who are eligible to receive reimbursement include:
- Individual who must accompany patient
- Parent with child seeking medical attention
For more information on medically related transportation expenses, see IRS Publication 502.
- To get reimbursed, you must pay for your transportation expenses with your own form of payment (cash, check or credit card), and then submit a claim to PayFlex.
- You can submit a claim online at utflex.com or complete a paper claim and fax or mail to PayFlex along with your documentation. If submitting a claim online, make sure to select Medical as your expense type in Step 1.
Acceptable documentation includes:
- Invoice of medical expenses from the day of travel; OR
- Explanation of Benefits from your insurance provider for the day of travel
- If a LOMN is required, you can download this form via My HealthHub Resources and provide to your doctor to complete.
- Then submit the LOMN form to PayFlex along with your claim and supporting documentation.
Note: If you are requesting reimbursement for mileage, a Letter of Medical Necessity (LOMN) may be required for services which otherwise may be available locally.
Visit utflex.com or contact PayFlex at 866.887.3539. Customer service representatives are available 7am – 7pm, Monday – Friday and Saturday, 9am – 2pm CT.