May> Wellness Wise
THE WAY TO WELLNESS
Weʼre Celebrating Employee Health & Fitness Month in May 2012!
During Employee Health & Fitness Month, weʼre challenging employees to live healthier lifestyles through the creation of Healthy Moments, Healthy Groups, and a Culminating Project.
To help you stay motivated and make it easy to track your progress, all UT System Institutions have partnered with the Get Fit Texas! to celebrate our 4th Annual UT System Physical Activity Challenge. The institution with the greatest participation based on headcount will be awarded the coveted “Traveling Trophy”!
Also, you will be competing against all UT System Institutions. The Institutions with the greatest participation (based on % of total headcount) and improvement (based on % of improvement) will win the “UT System Physical Activity Challenge Traveling Trophy”.
Finally, new for the 2012 we will introduce the following recognitions:
- Individual awards for members with the most activity logged.
- Greatest participation by male and female by system and institutions (most days of activity during the 6 weeks).
- Greatest life change; based on testimonials submitted by participants or referred by Wellness Coordinators. No limit of recipients by institution.
- Institution with the greatest number of members registered based on institution size (please refer to Institution Main Subscribers chart):
- Less than 999 Main Subscribers
- 1,000 to 2,499 Main Subscribers
- 2,500 to 4,999 Main Subscribers
- 5,000+ Main Subscribers
Past UT System Physical Activity Challenge Traveling Trophy Winners:
- UT Health Science Center San Antonio
- UT Tyler
- UT San Antonio
UT System Physical Activity Challenge-Week 2 (as of 4-27-2012) report posted. See how your institution is doing!
Follow the steps below to join the Challenge today!
- Go to www.getfittexas.org (NOTE: If you have participated in the Texas Round Up! in past years, please use the same User Name and Password. Click here to retrieve this information.)
- Click “Join Program” above username area
- Select “I am a state agency Employee” and click <ok>
- Fill out the required fields to finalize your registration. For the question "State Agency Name", please select the UT institution you represent. Once the form is complete click <save>
This online, 6-week physical activity challenge will start on April 19th to May 31st..
Share this information with your co-workers, print and post the promotional flyers and help your institution win the 2012 Traveling Cup! Click here to print posters.
Questions or Comments? Email: LivingWell@UTSystem.edu