Medco Transitioning to Express Scripts Name
On September 1, 2012, Medco will begin introducing the Express Scripts name to UT SELECT Medical Plan members. This means that the Medco website, customer service representatives, and written communications will begin to reference the Express Scripts name and you will begin to see the Express Scripts logo.
What Will Change?
The Express Scripts name and brand will appear on most member communications starting September 1.
- Consumer website: All references to the Medco name/logo will change to Express Scripts, BUT the web address www.medco.com/ut will remain the same.
- Communication pieces such as explanation of benefits (EOBs) will reference Express Scripts.
- Customer service representative greetings will include this transitional messaging: Medco is now a part of the Express Scripts family of pharmacies.
- Literature packets and communications associated with prescriptions ordered through the mail will include information about the name change. There may be times when you will still see references to Medco as well as Express Scripts until the full transition is complete.
What Remains the Same?
- References to the Accredo Specialty Pharmacy will not change.
- References to the Medco Pharmacy. Due to regulations, the Medco Pharmacy name will remain for now, but will change over time.
If you did not make changes to your coverage during Annual Enrollment, you will not receive a new ID card. You should continue to refill your prescriptions as you normally would using your current prescription drug ID card, mail order forms, and customer service phone number on your ID card.
Who Do I Call if I Have Questions?
The customer service team that has been working with the UT SELECT plan for many years remains in place and can assist you with any questions. You will continue to call the same Customer Service number you have called in the past for questions about your UT SELECT Prescription benefits: (800) 818-0155.