December 2013 > Living Well Blood Pressure Stations
Now Available at Every UT Institution - A Living Well Blood Pressure Station
We are excited to announce that during November each of our UT System institutions received a blood pressure station similar to the ones you have probably seen at your local grocery store or pharmacy. These monitoring stations were provided as part of the System wide Living Well Worksite Health & Wellness program and placed at different location in partnership with wellness programs at each institution.
Below you’ll find the location for the blood pressure station at your institution. Why not give it a try?!
- UT Austin: Several machines available:
- HealthPoint Office (NOA 3.302),
- Facilities Complex (Building 1 – 1st floor Break Room),
- Flawn Academic Center (Ground floor near the Union),
- Peter O’Donnell Jr. Building (POB 2.212),
- Jester West (Near Freshens),
- School of Law (Townes Hall just outside of room 3.200), and
- The Pickle Research Campus (Commons Learning Center- Atrium).
- UT Dallas: In the Student Union, 1st floor.
- UT Southwestern Medical Center: In the Paul Bass Building, Tower I, Plaza Level - lobby area.
- UT MB Galveston: Several machines available:
- Entrance to the Café on the Court in the John Sealy Hospital, 1st floor,
- 1st floor lobby of the Moody Medical Library,
- 1st floor lobby School of Health Professions,
- Alumni Field House,
- Lipton Tea Building, Harborside Drive, and
- Victory Lakes Specialty Care Center, 2nd floor.
- UT Tyler: Inside the Herrington Patriot Center.
- UT MD Anderson Cancer Center: In the 1MC Building on the 3rd floor in the open Lobby Area.
- UT San Antonio: In the Occupational Health and Wellness Center – Bauerle Road Garage, Suite 1.102
- UT HSC San Antonio: In the School of Nursing building.
- UT Health at Houston: At 6431 Fannin St in the Medical School Leather Lounge on G level.
- UT Health North East at Tyler: Across from the hospital cafeteria and adjacent to the restrooms.
- UT Permian Basin: In the Student Activity Center.
- UT Pan American: In the Marialice Shary-Shivers (MASS) Bldg. on the 2nd floor in the East stairwell corridor next to the Human Resources Office.
- UT El Paso: In the Union Building East on the 2nd floor near the food court.
- UT System Administration: In the CLuB, which is in the basement of the Colorado Building.
- UT Brownsville: In the Cortez Building in front of the student health services department.
- UT Arlington: At the Maverick Activity Center (MAC).
Concerned About Your Blood Pressure?
If you are at risk for or have been diagnosed with high blood pressure (HBP), you can find additional information and tips on preventing or managing HBP here.
Additional Resources are Also Available
These additional resources are available to all UT SELECT Medical Plan participants - including Employees, Retirees, Dependents, Surviving Spouses and COBRA participants:
- UT SELECT Medical Plan Blue Care Connection Condition Management program: Have hypertension and want to monitor your blood pressure at home? If you're a UT SELECT medical plan participant, the Blue Care Connection condition management program from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas can help you.
Call 1-800-462-3275 and ask the clinician to assess your medical condition. If you agree to enroll in condition management, the clinician will order a free blood pressure monitor for you and have it mailed to your home or work address. All this is available to all UT SELECT medical plan members at no cost. Learn more about the Condition Management program at www.livingwell.utsystem.edu/myhealth.htm.
- Living Well Health Platform Health Coaching*: Health coaches will serve as personal health advocates who provide support, motivation, and lifestyle and behavior coaching. Lifestyle issues that are frequently addressed include healthy eating, physical activity, weight management, tobacco use, stress management, back care, heart health, diabetes health, and sleep disturbances.
Visit https://livingwell.provantonline.com to take the Health Assessment to see if you qualify for this service free of charge to you and your dependents.
*UT SELECT participants must be aged 18 or over to qualify for Health Coaching.
UT System's "Living Well: Make it a Priority" Worksite Health & Wellness program provides a wealth of resources dedicated to your better health. Find additional helpful information at: www.livingwell.utsystem.edu.