July 2013 > Special ANNUAL ENROLLMENT Edition for UT System Retirees > Healthy Recipe of the Month
Healthy Recipe of the Month
Creamy Potato Salad
Light mayonnaise and nonfat Greek yogurt add creaminess without excess fat to this fingerling potato salad. If you want to get creative, Cooking Light also offers three variations on this recipe: Sour Cream Dill, German-style, and Lemon-Herb.
Servings: 6 (serving size = 1/2 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 pound fingerling potatoes
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Total Per Serving: Calories - 74, Carbs - 10.5 gm, Fat - 2.5 gm, Protein - 2.5 gm.
- Place a saucepan filled two-thirds with water over high heat; add egg, and cover.
- Cut potatoes into 1-inch pieces and add potatoes to pan;
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-high; cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium bowl; add potatoes.
- Peel and coarsely chop egg; add to potato mixture.
Source: Cooking Light, March 2012
Have a favorite healthy recipe? Share it with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.