May > Wellness Wise
Join the 2013 UT System Physical Activity Challenge
Are You Ready? UT System and your institution's Health & Wellness program are challenging you to "Get Up! Get Out! And Get Going!" starting on Wednesday, May 1. Register now to become part of your institution's team and compete in our 2013 UT System Physical Activity Challenge!
This year's Challenge is being hosted through the Living Well Health Platform powered by Provant* and is fully supported by each institution's Health & Wellness Program. By logging your physical activity, you can help your institution come out on top!
Here are the key details:
- The Challenge begins on Wednesday, May 1 and ends on Wednesday June 12.
- Registration closes on Tuesday, May 7th. Don't miss out - register today!
- Your goal is to complete 150 minutes of physical activity each week - that's half an hour a day, five days a week, for six weeks. It's not as hard as you think! All kinds of activities can be logged from time at the gym to chores around the house.
- Visit the Living Well Health Platform's Cardio Log, where you can log your activity starting on May 1 under the "Exercise" heading.
- There will be "real-time" standings by institution available on the Platform during the Challenge. You can check on how your team is doing at any time.
- The winning institution will be announced shortly after the Challenge ends and will have the honor of hosting the Physical Activity Challenge "Traveling Trophy" for the year.
- Members with the most activity logged will receive individual recognition and personal success stories will be highlighted.
- Click here to watch a short video about the Challenge and learn how to register and track your activity!
Your institution is your team, so get together with your coworkers and find ways to fit physical activity into your day. Take a walk at lunch, meet up at the gym, encourage each other to get moving – and keep track of what you do! The institution with the greatest percentage of activity logged will be awarded the coveted "Traveling Trophy!"
Visit the Living Well Health Platform powered by Provant* to register and to log your physical activity.
For questions or comments about the 2013 Physical Activity Challenge please email LivingWell@UTSystem.edu.
*The Living Well Health Platform is available to all UT SELECT Medical Plan members aged 18 and over - including Employees, Retirees, Dependents, Surviving Spouses and COBRA participants.
UT System's "Living Well: Make it a Priority" Worksite Health & Wellness program provides a wealth of resources dedicated to your better health. Find more information about the 2013 Physical Activity Challenge and additional helpful resources at: www.livingwell.utsystem.edu.