September 2013 > Heading
Be a Wise Healthcare Consumer
Remember to Use Your UT FLEX HCRA Funds and File Your HCRA and DCRA Claims
If you have a UT FLEX Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA) with PayFlex®, remember, the HCRA has a use-it-or-lose-it rule. This means, you will forfeit any funds left in your account at the end of the plan year.
To avoid losing your funds, remember these important dates:
|Last day to spend your FSA funds -
Note: You must incur eligible expenses by this date.
|November 15, 2013|
|Last day to submit claims for reimbursement -
Note: PayFlex must receive your claims by this date.
|November 30, 2013|
What Can I Spend My Remaining Funds On?
You can visit www.utflex.com any time to view your account balance. If you've contributed too much to your HCRA and have funds remaining there are a few things you can do to use them before the grace period ends on November 15, 2013.
- First—before you look for new ways to spend funds—look at potentially overlooked services and products that you may have already spent money on but didn’t realize were HCRA eligible. Although the Affordable Care Act requires that you have a prescription to use your HCRA to pay for over-the-counter medicines and drugs (excluding insulin), the restriction does not affect other health care expenses such as medical devices including blood pressure monitors, or eye glasses, contact lenses, canes, crutches and wheelchairs, and office visit co-pays and deductibles.
- Double-check your medical receipts to make sure you haven't forgotten to submit any claims for reimbursement, such as out-of-pocket expenses.
- Make sure you've submitted any pharmacy copayments for reimbursement from your HCRA. You can log in to the Express Scripts website to view and print your claims history.
- Schedule dental and vision check-ups for you and your family members.
- Replenish first aid supplies and medicines that need refills. You can use your HCRA for various eligible expenses. To view a list of common eligible expenses visit www.utflex.com. Click on Employee Account Login and select eligible expense items.
How Do I Use My Remaining Funds?
- You can use the PayFlex Card®, your UT FLEX account debit card, to pay for your eligible expenses.
- You can pay for eligible expenses with cash, check or a personal credit card. Then choose one of these options for reimbursement:
- Submit a claim online. Log in to www.utflex.com. Under "Quick Links," click on "File a Claim" to get started.
- Submit a claim through the PayFlex Mobile™ application. You can download the app for free if you have an iPhone®, iPad® mobile digital device, Android™ or Blackberry® smartphone.
- Fill out a paper claim form and fax or mail it to PayFlex. You can find a form online in "My HealthHub Resources" under "Administrative Forms." The fax number and mailing address are on the form.
Important Note: Save all of your receipts. If you have an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from your insurance plan, save that too. When you submit a claim, you’ll need to submit the EOB or detailed receipt.
For health care expenses – The documentation must show the date the purchase or service was incurred, your financial responsibility, description of purchase or type of service, provider or merchant name and patient name (if applicable).
What Do I Need to Know About My Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA)?
Even though the deadline to incur Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA) expenses has passed (August 31, 2013), you still have until November 30, 2013 to submit your claims.
If your dependent care provider completes and signs a paper claim form, you do not need to include a detailed receipt or statement. If you submit a claim online, you must submit either a detailed receipt or statement that shows the dates of service, amount of service, dependent name and provider name.
Sign up for account notifications to stay up to date on your account!
Log in to www.utflex.com. Click on "My Settings." Select "Notifications / Email Address." Enter your e-mail address. Select the notifications you wish to receive and then click "Submit."
Visit www.utflex.com call us at (866) 887-3539. Customer service representatives are available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Central.
This material is for informational purposes only and is not an offer of coverage. It contains only a partial, general description of plan benefits or programs and does not constitute a contract. Information is believed to be accurate as of the production date; however, it is subject to change. For more information about PayFlex, go to www.HealthHub.com.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world. Used under license from Research In Motion Limited. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.