April 2014 > 2014 UT System Physical Activity Challenge
Living Well, Moving Well: The 2014 UT System Physical Activity Challenge
It's almost time to join your institution's team and compete in our 2014 UT System Physical Activity Challenge!+ UT System and your institution's Health & Wellness program are teaming up to bring you, Living Well, Moving Well, a six-week Physical Activity Challenge beginning on May 1.
Registration is open now through May 7... BUT register early and you can receive a free pedometer to help you track your steps. Quantities are limited, so be sure to register and get your pedometer as soon as possible. To find out where to pick up your pedometer at your institution, visit the Living Well website at: www.livingwell.utsystem.edu/challenge14.htm#pedometer.
This year's Challenge is being hosted through the Living Well Health Platform powered by Provant* and is fully supported by each institution's Health & Wellness Program. By logging your physical activity, you can help your institution come out on top!
Are You Ready?
Here are the key details:
- The Challenge begins Thursday, May 1 and ends Thursday, June 12.
- Registration opened on Tuesday, April 1st and closes Wednesday, May 7th. Don't miss out! To register, please visit the 2014 Physical Activity Challenge page on the Living Well website at www.livingwell.utsystem.edu/challenge14.htm.
- Your goal is to complete at least 10,000 steps per day (or the equivalent in other physical activity), 5 days per week for six weeks (50,000 steps each week ). Getting 10,000 steps is not as hard as you think! All kinds of activities can be logged, from time at the gym to chores around the house - and don't worry, the platform will automatically convert whatever type of exercise you log to the corresponding number of steps.
- Visit the Living Well Health Platform's Pedometer Log or Cardio Log (both found under the "Exercise" heading), where you can log your activity starting on May 1. Watch this short video to learn how.
- You must complete the Health Assessment (under the "Health" heading on the Living Well Health Platform) to have your steps count for your institution. So if you haven't taken it since September 1, 2013, be sure to take the Health Assessment before the challenge ends.
- The winning institution will be the one with the greatest rate of registration and completion and will have the honor of hosting the Physical Activity Challenge "Traveling Trophy" for the year.
- Members with the most activity logged will receive individual recognition and personal success stories will be highlighted.
Your institution is your team, so get together with your coworkers and find ways to fit physical activity into your day. Take a walk at lunch, meet up at the gym, encourage each other to get moving – and keep track of what you do! Remember, the institution with the highest percentage for both registration and completion of the challenge will be awarded the coveted "Traveling Trophy!"
+UT System's "Living Well: Make it a Priority" Worksite Health & Wellness program is committed to helping you achieve your best health. Rewards for participating in a wellness activity are available to all employees. If for health reasons you believe you might be unable to meet the established requirements to earn a reward under a Living Well program, you may qualify for an opportunity to earn the same reward by different means. Please contact us at LivingWell@utsystem.edu and we will work with you (and if you wish, with your doctor) to develop a wellness program that is right for you in light of your health status and provides you with an opportunity to earn the same reward. You can find more information about the 2014 Physical Activity Challenge along with additional helpful resources at: www.livingwell.utsystem.edu.
*The Living Well Health Platform is available to all UT SELECT Medical Plan members aged 18 and over - including Employees, Retirees, Dependents, Surviving Spouses and COBRA participants.