Evidence of Insurability and Annual Enrollment
Evidence of Insurability (EOI) is the record of a person’s past and current health history. EOI is used by insurance companies to verify whether a person meets the definition of good health. During Annual Enrollment (July 1 – July 31, 2008), if you make an insurance election on U.T. Touch that requires EOI, you will be prompted to complete the insurance company’s EOI form via an online link.
An EOI form is required to
- Add certain dependents to UT SELECT medical coverage who were previously eligible to enroll but did not enroll during the initial 31-day benefit election period. Please note that if these certain dependents can show proof of other active group medical coverage, EOI will be waived for the UT SELECT medical plan;
- Reinstate employee or retired employee voluntarily terminated or waived medical coverage, unless proof of other active group medical coverage can be provided;
- Increase or reinstate employee, retired employee and spouse voluntary group life insurance coverage;
- Add Short Term Disability coverage after the initial 31-day benefit election period;
- Add Long Term Disability coverage after the initial 31-day benefit election period;
- Add Long Term Care for employee or retiree coverage after the initial 31-day benefit election period. EOI is required at all times for spouses and other family members enrolling in Long Term Care. Please note that EOI forms for Long Term Care are not available via an outlink on U.T.Touch; however they can be obtained by contacting CNA at 1-888-825-0353 or at www.ltcbenefits.com/uts
Once completed, the EOI form must be printed and mailed by the deadline to the appropriate insurance company for review.
If you would like a specific topic discussed or have a question you would like answered in a future issue of this newsletter, please send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UT System Employee Benefits Website: www.utsystem.edu/benefits/
UT System Retirement Programs Website: www.utretirement.utsystem.edu
Your Local Benefits Office: www.utsystem.edu/benefits/contacts.asp#1