Healthy Tips of the Month
Save money and time, plus eat better food, by taking your lunch to work. Try these 13 brown-bag recipes.
For many of us, lunch is a stress-filled hour (or less) spent dealing with traffic and fast-food drive-through lines. Or there's the ever-popular all-you-can-eat lunch buffet that leaves you wondering how you'll make it to the end of the day without a nap and bursting a button.
But it doesn't have to be this way. Lunch can be a relaxing time in which you go at your own pace and come back to your desk satisfied, both mentally and physically.
Brown-bagging it allows you to enjoy your midday meal without stress, and it's certainly more healthful than the alternatives. But this doesn't mean you're doomed to endless PB&Js or bland, frozen meals.
Try these recipes, and the office lounge will become the best place in town for an enjoyable lunch and a true break.
Brown-Bag Lunch Recipes
- Lifestyle Management: Weight Management Programs. Sometimes a little extra support is all it takes to stay on track with weight loss goals. The
UT SELECT Weight Management Toolkit provides just that. When our members decide to make positive lifestyle changes by managing their weight, we’re ready with resources to help make the journey successful!
Read more about this free program available to all UT SELECT members (PDF)
- Personal Health Manager and Work–Life Balance. With a wide range of online tools and information, you can better manage every aspect of health and wellness for you and your family with programs for UT employees, retirees and their dependents. Start by taking the health risk assessment to better understand your current health condition, identify potential issue and reinforce what you’re doing right! Check out some of our resources and services:
- Online Personal Health Manager provided by UT SELECT - Your source for health and wellness information, such as
- Planning nutritious meals;
- Recording workouts;
- Health Coaching;
- Keeping track of health records;
- Addressing financial concerns;
- Addressing relationship and family matters; and
- Earning Blue Points.
Visit the Personal Health Manager at Blue Access® for Members today, and stay with it to manage your stress.
- Visit http://bcbstx.com/ut/
- Log onto Blue Access
- Select Personal Health Manager Icon
- Go to the top center banner
If you have a Benefits question, submit your question by replying to the “newsletter email” or by sending an email to email@example.com.
UT System Employee Benefits Web site: www.utsystem.edu/benefits/
UT System Retirement Programs Web site: www.utretirement.utsystem.edu
Your Local Benefits Office: www.utsystem.edu/benefits/contacts/#1