Healthy Recipe of the Month
Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs
Superfast Chicken Supper! Skinless, boneless thighs cook quickly and are more flavorful than white meat, so they need fewer ingredients. Serve with garlic-roasted potato wedges and a salad or broccolini "baby broccoli".
4 servings (serving size: 2 chicken thighs)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Cooking spray
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side.
Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well. Remove chicken from oven; brush 1/4 cup honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute. Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.
- Calories: 321 (31% from fat)
- Fat: 11g (sat 3g,mono 4.1g,poly 2.5g)
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 27.9g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 676mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- Lifestyle Management: Weight Management Programs. Sometimes a little extra support is all it takes to stay on track with weight loss goals. The
UT SELECT Weight Management Toolkit provides just that. When our members decide to make positive lifestyle changes by managing their weight, we’re ready with resources to help make the journey successful!
Read more about this free program available to all UT SELECT members (PDF)
- Personal Health Manager and Work–Life Balance. With a wide range of online tools and information, you can better manage every aspect of health and wellness for you and your family with programs for UT employees, retirees and their dependents. Start by taking the health risk assessment to better understand your current health condition, identify potential issue and reinforce what you’re doing right! Check out some of our resources and services:
- Online Personal Health Manager provided by UT SELECT - Your source for health and wellness information, such as
- Planning nutritious meals;
- Recording workouts;
- Health Coaching;
- Keeping track of health records;
- Addressing financial concerns;
- Addressing relationship and family matters; and
- Earning Blue Points.
Visit the Personal Health Manager at Blue Access® for Members today, and stay with it to manage your stress.
- Visit http://bcbstx.com/ut/
- Log onto Blue Access
- Select Personal Health Manager Icon
- Go to the top center banner
If you have a Benefits question, submit your question by replying to the “newsletter email” or by sending an email to email@example.com.
UT System Employee Benefits Web site: www.utsystem.edu/benefits/
UT System Retirement Programs Web site: www.utretirement.utsystem.edu
Your Local Benefits Office: www.utsystem.edu/benefits/contacts/#1