Helping You Change Your Ways.
Shifting your habits to live a healthier life can be a very daunting challenge. The Living Well Health Manager, powered by WebMD, Lifestyle Improvement Programs gives you access to a variety of personalized, self-paced health improvement programs that can help you address many of the less healthful habits that people commonly struggle with. From managing your weight, quitting smoking, or even reducing stress – you’ll find a variety of different programs designed to inspire and reinforce positive behavior change. These tailored online programs combine proven methodology with privacy, security and convenience.
FREE FEATURES AVAILABLE TO ALL UT SELECT MEMBERS:
- Exercise Lifestyle Improvement Program helps you lose weight and improve overall fitness.
- Weight Management Lifestyle Improvement Program provides personalized eating plans based on your individual tastes.
- Smoking Cessation Lifestyle Improvement Program contains a self-paced, interactive program based on proven behavior change techniques.
- Nutrition Lifestyle Improvement Program provides tips, ideas, and meal planners that promote a healthy diet.
- Stress Management Lifestyle Improvement Program teaches you about how stress can affect your life and gives you tools and tips for managing and reducing the impact it has on your health.
Start Living Well – register online at www.webmdhealth.com/ut and complete your HQ now and enjoy all the benefits!
OTHER KEY FEATURES
- WebMD HealthQuotient (HQ) helps you identify your personal health risks, provides recommendations for reducing those risks, and guides you towards easy-to-use tools to help make healthy lifestyle changes.
- Symptom Checker helps you determine if and when you should seek medical treatment.
- WebMD Health Topics gives you current, reliable information about specific health conditions you may want to learn more about.
- WebMD Lifestyle Improvement Programs gives you the support and tools you need to stop smoking, eat healthier, manage your weight, improve your fitness, and even manage stress.
- Tracking Tools allow you to chart your progress toward achieving specific health goals.
The Living Well Health Manager, powered by WebMD will be available to all UT SELECT members (you, your spouse and dependent over the age of 18) starting July 1, 2009, exclusively through the "Living Well Health Manager powered by WebMD web site at: www.webmdhealth.com/ut.
Get To Know Yourself. The WebMD HealthQuotient (HQ) is one of the most powerful tools available to you through the new ‘Living Well Health Manager, powered by WebMD’ online program. Just answer a few simple questions, and you’ll receive detailed information about your personal health risk factors – along with a customized plan to help reduce or eliminate them. With HQ, your health isn’t left up to fate. It’s up to you.
HealthQuotient is available to you at no additional cost and is accessible within your ‘Living Well Health Manager, powered by WebMD’ web site. HQ gives you the information you need to stay one step ahead of potentially serious or chronic health problems.
Here’s what you can expect when you complete your WebMD HQ:
- Receive a personalized health risk assessment, including a confidential report with “at-a-glance” summary and prioritized results.
- Obtain personalized recommendations to help reduce or eliminate your risk factors.
- Explore compelling “what if” scenarios to learn about the potential impact of changing certain lifestyle behaviors.
- Results can help you determine if you need intervention before a more serious condition may develop. Complete your HQ today!
To complete the WebMD HQ, go to www.webmdhealth.com/ut.
Living Well Health Manager—Health Coaching
Some individuals may be eligible to receive support from a personal Health Coach. Through a series of convenient phone conversations, your Health Coach can help you establish your health goals — and create a personalized program to meet your needs. Your coach will help you focus on the lifestyle behaviors that can help maximize your health. Some of the topics you discuss may include:
- Strength training
- Weight management
- Stress management
- Smoking cessation
To see if you’re eligible for a personal Health Coach, you must first complete your HQ in which can be accessed through the Living Well Health Manager site. While it’s up to you to take the first step toward better health by completing the HQ, support is just around the corner to help you achieve your big dreams of better health.
To complete the WebMD HQ, go to www.webmdhealth.com/ut.
This information is provided by The University of Texas System, Office of Employee Benefits and is not intended to replace the medical advice of your doctor or health care provider. Please consult your health care provider for advice about a specific medical condition.
- Be assured that the information you provide in the WebMD HQ is completely confidential and will not be released to your employer.
- Print flyer and share with your dependents and co-workers.
- Security Q&A:
- Q: Who will have access to personal health information entered into the Living Well Health Manager?
A: All personal health information entered into the Living Well Health Manager will be accessible only through the specific member’s personal page. The employer will not have access to individual data.
- Q: How is the security, recording, and distribution of personal information provided through the Health Quotient handled?
- Q: How will information be used in the future?
A: UT System will use aggregate information from the Health Quotient to have a clear understanding on how to better support our UT SELECT members as a group based on the overall health risks that are identified. UT System Office of Employee Benefits will work with each institution to evolve their wellness initiatives in conjunction with overall UT System initiatives and based on aggregate data for their specific group.
If you have a Benefits question, submit your question by replying to the “newsletter email” or by sending an email to email@example.com.
UT System Employee Benefits Web site: www.utsystem.edu/benefits/
UT System Retirement Programs Web site: www.utretirement.utsystem.edu
Your Local Benefits Office: http://www.utsystem.edu/benefits/contacts#1