Retirement Program Education Videos
The University of Texas System is pleased to present a series of newly updated education presentations to assist you in your retirement and financial planning.
The five presentations are:
- Staying The Course—This presentation gives a discussion on what is happening in the financial world, and provides tips for staying focused on long term retirement goals, while at the same time avoiding common retirement mistakes.
- Is TRS Enough?—This presentation discusses benefits available from the Teacher Retirement System for participants and whether or not those benefits will be sufficient to close the gap between your pre-retirement and post-retirement income. It then discusses how you can use your UTRetirement Programs to fill that gap.
- On the Plus Side—Managing Debt and Credit—This presentation provides useful tips for managing debt. While it is important to start saving for retirement, it is equally important to stay out of debt to maximize that saving.
- Are you on Target?—This presentation discusses long term financial security and goals, and how you can use budgeting and saving tips to reach those goals.
- Retirement Strategies for Life—This presentation discusses the changing income and expense requirements that new retirees face and provides tips for inflation protection and different possible distribution methods following retirement.
These presentations and a wealth of other information can be found at the UT System website at: http://www.utretirement.utsystem.edu/homepage.htm.
If you have a Benefits question, submit your question by replying to the “newsletter email” or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UT System Employee Benefits Web site: www.utsystem.edu/benefits/
UT System Retirement Programs Web site: www.utretirement.utsystem.edu
Your Local Benefits Office: www.utsystem.edu/benefits/contacts/#1