June > Healthy Recipes of the Month
Healthy Recipe of the Month
12 Smart Ideas for Breakfast On the Go
Set yourself up for healthy-breakfast success by stocking your shelves with items you can grab and go.
- Single-serving bowls of whole-grain cereal are packed with vitamins and minerals.
- Pair string cheese with whole wheat crackers.
- Hard-boil several eggs to have on hand for busy mornings.
- Small cartons of low-fat yogurt are a good combination of carbohydrates and protein.
- Whole-grain English muffins can serve as a base for a breakfast sandwich. Spread on peanut butter, a source of satisfying protein and heart-healthy fats.
- Make breakfast wraps with whole wheat tortillas; roll in lean protein, such as turkey and low-fat cheese, scrambled eggs with diced peppers and onions, or peanut butter and bananas.
- Keep low-fat cheese slices on hand for breakfast sandwiches.
- Single-serving cartons of low-fat, low-sodium cottage cheese are a good source of protein; stir in berries or fruit for fiber.
- Top whole wheat toaster waffles with a tablespoon of peanut butter and/or fruit preserves.
- Try soy or lean turkey sausage patties (you can eat them alone or put them in a breakfast wrap or sandwich).
- Stir a tablespoon or two of fruit preserves or chopped dried fruit into plain instant oatmeal to add a touch of sweetness.
- For protein, add a tablespoon or two of nuts to your yogurt or oatmeal. Stir frozen berries into oatmeal or yogurt to boost the vitamin content.
Source: Cooking Light, MAY 2011
Have a healthy recipe?
Share it with us at email@example.com
Resources Available to You and your Dependents:
- What are your Health Goals? The Living Well Health Manager powered by WebMD HealthQuotient (HQ) helps you identify your personal health risks, provides recommendations for improving those risks, and informs you of the easy-to-use tools to help make healthy lifestyle changes. Complete the WebMD HQ, go to www.webmdhealth.com/ut.
- Stress Management Lifestyle Improvement Program teaches you about how stress can affect your life and gives you tools and tips for managing and reducing the impact it has on your health. Learn more at our Living Well Health Manager powered by WebMD.
- Lifestyle Improvement Programs gives you the support and tools you need to stop smoking, eat healthier, manage your weight, improve your fitness, and even manage stress. Learn more at our Living Well Health Manager powered by WebMD.
- Emotional Health Lifestyle Improvement Program A positive mood is an important key to continued emotional health and well-being. Changing your lifestyle to maintain a positive mood takes time and real effort. But, with the help of this program, you can do it. And it's worth it: Achieving and maintaining a positive mood can help you lead your daily life with more happiness and well-being, improve your immune system, help prevent illness, reduce stress, and help you stay mentally sharp.
This program contains valuable information about simple but effective techniques that can really help you keep your mood up and your depression risks as low as possible. Learn more at our Living Well Health Manager powered by WebMD.