May > Retirement Corner
Next Steps: Taking Advantage of Your UTSaver Retirement Programs
Last month, all eligible employees received a notice informing them of their eligibility to participate in one or both of the UTSaver Retirement Programs. The UTSaver 403(b) and the UTSaver 457(b) provide employees an excellent opportunity to save money directly from their payroll and invest that money either before taxes (traditional 403(b) and 457(b)) or after taxes (Roth 403(b)) so that when the time comes, they will have the money to truly enjoy retirement.
But now the question is how do you actually enroll? Below are some easy steps to follow for first-time participants.
- Select the retirement plan you wish to contribute to. If you are unsure about which plan to choose please visit our website at http://www.utretirement.utsystem.edu/voluntaryretirement.htm or speak to your local benefits office.
- Choose a Provider from the list of approved Providers and follow their enrollment instructions to set up an account with that provider. You can find the list at http://www.utretirement.utsystem.edu/providers.htm. Some providers allow you to enter your investment and beneficiary information with them online, and regardless you can schedule an appointment to meet with a provider representative at your convenience at no cost.
- Log onto UTRetirement Manager at https://www.myretirementmanager.com/?utsystem. If you have never logged into UTRM, select “I’m a New User” and type the letters “UT”. This will bring up a list of all UT institutions for you to choose yours. If you need help determining your Employer ID, please check with your local benefits office.
- Click on the Enroll/Make Changes Tab (For the UTSaver TSA, you should contact your Benefits Office for a calculation of your contribution limit).
- Follow the instructions on the Enroll/Change screen.
- When you are done, contact your selected provider to ensure your account is established before contributions are deducted from your paycheck.
To learn more about the UT Retirement Programs, please visit our website at www.utretirement.utsystem.edu.