March > UT System Success Story
UT System Success Story
Name: Laura Lamb
Institution: The University of Texas at Tyler
Email Address: email@example.com
"I wanted to become healthier and be a healthy role model for my family...
... If you make small changes it seems easier to incorporate in your everyday life."
The University of Texas at Tyler
Resources available to you and your dependents to help you incorporate exercise into your busy schedule
Learn more about Laura's Health & Wellness Success Story.
1. What health behavior did you change?
After the birth of our 3rd child I decided to become more physically active.
2. Why did you decide to make this change?
I wanted to become healthier and be a healthy role model for my family.
3. How did you accomplish your success?
I began running with a neighbor. We started with the Couch to 5k program. In the 2.5 years since then I have completed multiple half marathons and 3 full marathons.
4. How did the University of Texas System Living Well: Make it a Priority or your Institutions resources and tools help you?
Rolando Roman at the UT Systems office has been a great mentor.
5. What goals and obstacles did you have?
Goals: completing Marine Corp, Baltimore, and Mississippi Blues Marathon My biggest obstacle is TIME! I had to make a huge effort to plan my training around family and work. It really helped out that my family and friends supported me.
6. Who supported you during this experience?
Family, friends, and coworkers.
7. What advice do you have for others who want to make this change?
Try to make small healthy changes instead of going "cold turkey" with your efforts. If you make small changes (e.g. taking the stairs, walking with a friend) it seems easier to incorporate in your everyday life.