May > UT System Success Story
UT System Success Story
Name: Frances Poole Knight
Institution: The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
"Make significant and meaningful exercise a discipline and a priority in life, and do not allow other things to disrupt regularly scheduled exercise.
You won't be sorry!"
Frances Poole Knight
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Resources available to you and your dependents to help you incorporate exercise into your busy schedule
Learn more about Frances Health & Wellness Success Story.
1. What health behavior did you change?
2. Why did you decide to make this change?
Arthritis and Diabetes.
3. How did you accomplish your success?
4. How did the University of Texas System Living Well: Make it a Priority or your Institutions resources and tools help you?
I've just become familiar with that program. What great resources we have available!
5. What goals and obstacles did you have?
Goals: Regular Exercise and Competition as Motivation Obstacles: Two Hip Implants, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Atrial Fibrilation, and Breast Cancer
6. Who supported you during this experience?
Son (and wife), Daughter (and husband), Granddaughter, Grandson, and Friends
7. What advice do you have for others who want to make this change?
Do not wait for necessary surgeries or treatment; do not endure endless pain due to fear. Seek surgery and/or treatment as necessary. Schedule regular medical checkups and other medical appointments as necessary. Do not delay help as every day is critical for seniors. Trust expert doctors. nurses, and physical therapists. But most importantly, make significant and meaningful exercise a discipline and a priority in life, and do not allow other things to disrupt regularly scheduled exercise. You won't be sorry!