November > UT System Success Story
UT System Success Story
Name: Irma Johnson
Institution:The University of Texas System Administration
Email Address: IJohnson@UTSystem.edu
"Every day I tell myself, "Life is Good". And it is for me. No matter what it looks like in the natural. I encourage you today to make whatever change you need to."
The University of Texas System Administration
FREE Resources available to you and your dependents to help you incorporate exercise into your busy schedule
- Condition Management Recourse
- Top Questions to Ask Your Health Care Practitioner
- Living Well Health Manager powered by WebMD HeatlhQuotient
- NEW Gym Membership Discount
- Health & Wellness Programs available at Your Institution
- Exercise at Your Desk
- Living Well Health Manager: Lifestyle Centers "Exercise"
Learn more about Irma's Health & Wellness Success Story.
1. What health behavior did you change?
My eating habits
2. Why did you decide to make this change?
I decided I wanted to live a long time to enjoy life and my children and grandchildren.
3. How did you accomplish your success?
The 1st thing I started doing was eating a lot of vegetables, salads and lots of fruit. I also started walking short walks in the afternoon for about 15 minutes and on saturdays I walk for about 1 hour at Zilker Park. After visiting my doctor regularly all of my test are normal, my heart doctor reports my heart is in good condition. I feel much better in my body, have more energy. I am grateful I decided to make the life change.
4. How did the University of Texas System Living Well: Make it a Priority or your Institutions resources and tools help you?
UT System has a exercise room you can use during your lunch hour or after work.
5. What goals and obstacles did you have?
My goal was is to wear a size 13. I am down 5 dress sizes. With 1 size to go.
6. Who supported you during this experience?
7. What advice do you have for others who want to make this change?
I encourage you to 1st make your mind up to do it. Whatever your challenge is you can make a change. Do it for yourself you deserve it. Take one day at a time and always be working on whatever your goal is. Write it down. Every day I tell myself Life is good. And it is for me. No matter what it looks like in the natural. I encourage you today to make whatever change you need to.