The Strategic Sourcing Team is a group of supply chain professionals solely dedicated to the pursuit of UT System Supply Chain Alliance activities.
Working under the umbrella of the UT System Shared Services Initiative, the Strategic Sourcing Team conducts daily business operations from
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas.
Strategic Sourcing Team
- John Joshua, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kyle Barton, Contract Manager, email@example.com
- Jason Stanford, Contract Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Miguel F. Machado, Sourcing Analyst, email@example.com
- Jacqui Mackel, Sourcing Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jeffrey Bonnardel, Sourcing Specialist, email@example.com
- Alicia "Ali" Lombraña, Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
What Is Strategic Sourcing?
Strategic sourcing is a disciplined, systematic process for evaluating and reducing the total cost of ownership for
products and services while maintaining or improving levels of quality, service and technology.
The Strategic Sourcing Team's formal methodology begins with identifying the product and/or service to strategically
source. An analysis of the marketplace is conducted which commonly leads to a request for proposal (RFP). The results
of the RFP are evaluated and scored to rank the responses. Additional supplier negotiations and presentations may be
considered before a final award is made to a particular supplier. This process has been proven to be a win/win
solution for the UT System Supply Chain Alliance and the suppliers that participate in a sourcing event.