Becoming a part of the JAMP program is easy!
As a senior in high school:
- Apply to College. Apply to a Texas college or university to enroll for the fall semester immediately following graduation from high school or a home-school program.
- Take the SAT or ACT. You must earn a score not less than the mean for the state of Texas.
- Apply for Financial Aid. You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid FAFSA and be eligible to receive a Pell Grant or an Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) up to 8000.
As a freshman in college:
- Meet with the JAMP Faculty Director (JFD). The JFD at your school will provide academic advising and assistance in applying to JAMP.
- Apply to JAMP by clicking on the 'Student Application' link at the top right side of any page of our website. The application is available online starting in the spring semester. You may begin the online application on May 1 and must submit the completed application no later than October 1.
- Complete at least 27 hours of undergraduate credit. During your first year of college after graduation from high school*, you must complete at least 27 hours of undergraduate credit with a 3.25 GPA or higher and 3.25 GPA in science courses. (No more than 3 hours of AP credit can be counted toward this requirement).