The Intellectual Property and Technology Transactions Practice Group is part of the Business Law Section of the Office of General Counsel. Attorneys are BethLynn Maxwell, James Cox, and Evan Fitzmaurice. BethLynn Maxwell specializes in patent law; Jim Cox’s area of expertise is copyright and trademark law; Evan Fitzmaurice focuses on transactions involving the Office of Technology Commercialization and the UT Horizon Fund.
This practice group provides legal advice and counsel regarding intellectual property and technology transfer to all UT institutions and is responsible for legal matters relating to:
- Conflicts of interest management
- Patents and inventorship determination
- Research and technology transfer
- Research-related agreements including: clinical trial agreements, sponsored research agreements, license agreements, material transfer agreements, inter-institutional agreements, confidentiality agreements and research grants
- Scientific misconduct allegations
- Training for UT technology transfer professionals and research contract negotiators
Disclaimer: The materials on this website do not constitute legal advice. You should consult with an attorney before acting on or conveying any interpretation of these materials.