The Risk Control section of the Office of Risk Management provides consultative services including property conservation, environmental, health and safety, and business resilience and is responsible for administering a number of Systemwide contracts that leverage the buying power of The University of Texas System (the UT System), and provide a level of oversight and control.
Risk Control staff coordinate and represent the UT System in dealing with various State agencies and departments. The Risk Control section also works with the Offices of Real Estate, Facilities, Planning, and Construction, General Counsel, and other System Administration offices to coordinate efforts with the institutions to facilitate risk assessments for real property, and research and analyze legislation, regulations, and standards.
The Risk Control section provides support and coordination for the Environmental Health and Safety Advisory Committee (EHSAC) and associated working groups as well as the efforts of the Systemwide Emergency Management Committee.
- Coordinate property conservation engineering program
- Administer several Systemwide vendor contracts
- Assist with regulatory and compliance related research
- Provide Systemwide training on a wide variety of topics
- Represent the UT System in dealing with State and Federal agencies on Systemwide matters related to risk control.
- Review State and Federal legislation dealing with risk control matters that could impact the mission of our institutions.
- Participate in and provide administrative support for numerous Systemwide committees addressing environmental issues, emergency response, and other related topics.
- Administer the Resource Allocation Program
- Provide consultative services on request
The Risk Control section is also responsible for the environmental, health, safety, and business continuity programs at The University of Texas System Administration complex in downtown Austin.