AUSTIN – The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System will meet Wednesday and Thursday, August 19 - 20, in Austin. The meetings will be on the 9th floor of Ashbel Smith Hall, 201 W. 7th Street.
Parking for the news media will be available at the guard kiosk on Colorado Street between 7th and 6th Streets.
The agenda book  for the meeting is available online.
Wednesday, Aug. 19
Board committee meetings are scheduled to begin at approximately 9:00 a.m.
9:00 a.m. – Audit, Compliance, and Management Review Committee
10:00 a.m. – Academic Affairs Committee; agenda items include:
- Report on Transforming Undergraduate Education
The Board will convene at 11:30 a.m. and immediately recess into executive session to discuss legal issues, negotiated gifts and personnel matters. Any action will be taken in open session.
The Board will reconvene in open session at approximately 12:55 p.m.; agenda items include:
- Announcement of recipients for the inaugural Regents’ Outstanding Teaching Awards and remarks by representative faculty
- Possible discussion and action regarding Santa Rita Award recognition
- Appointment of a special board committee on the Brackenridge Tract to review conceptual master plans
Committee meetings will resume at 2:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. – Finance and Planning Committee
- Approval of the amended and restated University of Texas Investment Management Co. (UTIMCO) Compensation Program
3:00 p.m. – Facilities Planning and Construction Committee
4:15 p.m. – Health Affairs Committee
Thursday, Aug. 20
8:00 a.m. – Special Meeting of the Health Affairs Committee; agenda items include:
- Institutional Approaches to Developments in the Health Care Reform Debate
9:30 a.m. – Student, Faculty, and Staff Campus Life Committee
The Board will reconvene in open session at approximately 10:30 a.m.; agenda items include:
- Chancellor’s quarterly update – Strategic Vision for the UT System
- Approval of the UT System annual budget for Fiscal Year 2010
The meeting will adjourn at approximately 12:00 p.m.