AUSTIN – The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System will meet Thursday and Friday, February 4 – 5, in Dallas. Meetings on both days will be held at the T. Boone Pickens Biomedical Building, 6001 Forest Park Road on The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas campus.
Parking for the news media will be available at the T. Boone Pickens Biomedical Building.
The Agenda Book  for the meeting is available online.
Thursday, Feb. 4
10:00 a.m. – Academic Affairs Committee; agenda items include:
- Authorization to establish a Doctor of Physical Therapy at UT El Paso
- Discussions on academic leadership matters related to cost containment strategies
The Board will convene at 11:30 a.m. and immediately recess into executive session to discuss negotiated gifts, personnel, legal and real estate matters. Any action will be taken in open session.
1:00 p.m. – Facilities Planning and Construction Committee; agenda items include:
- Campus Master Plan update from UT Medical Branch
2:00 p.m. – Health Affairs Committee; agenda items include:
- Authorization to name the campus extension in Laredo as The University of Texas Health Science Center Regional Campus
- Proposed approval of new “doing business as” name, logo and brand identity at UT Health Science Center – Houston
3:00 p.m. – Finance and Planning Committee
3:45 p.m. – Joint Meeting of the Finance and Audit Committees
4:00 p.m. – Audit, Compliance, and Management Review Committee
The Board will recess at approximately 5:00 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 5
The Health Affairs Committee will hold a special meeting at 8:30 a.m. to discuss funding streams for UT System health institutions – opportunities and challenges.
10:00 a.m. – Student, Faculty, and Staff Campus Life Committee
The Board will reconvene in open session at 10:30 a.m.; agenda items include:
- Remarks from Dr. Raymund Paredes, Commissioner of Higher Education, concerning initiatives and legislative priorities of the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, including strategic planning, formula funding, and cost efficiencies
- Report on development performance for the UT System institutions
The meeting will adjourn at approximately 12:00 p.m.