AUSTIN – The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System will meet Wednesday and Thursday, May 12-13, in Austin. The meeting will be held on the ninth floor of Ashbel Smith Hall, 201 W. 7th Street.
Parking for the news media will be available at the guard kiosk on Colorado Street between 7th and 6th Streets.
The Agenda Book  for the meeting is available online.
Wednesday, May 12
11:00 a.m. - Audit, Compliance, and Management Review Committee
The Board will convene at approximately 12:00 p.m. and immediately recess into executive session to discuss proposed negotiated gifts, personnel, legal and real estate matters. Any action will be taken in open session.
The Board will reconvene in open session at approximately 2:15 p.m. to consider the recommendation to approve the Chairman’s appointment of chairmen of Board committees and regental representatives; and notification of appointments to standing committees and liaison roles.
2:30 p.m. – Finance and Planning Committee
3:30 p.m. – Facilities Planning and Construction Committee
4:30 p.m. – Academic Affairs Committee; agenda items include:
- Status report on community college partnership activities, including discussions related to dual credit
The meeting will recess at approximately 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 13
7:30 a.m. – Health Affairs Committee; agenda items include:
- Report on the financial condition of UT Medical Branch - Galveston and update on Hurricane Ike recovery projects
- Funding streams for health institutions – opportunities and challenges and the impact of health care legislation
9:30 a.m. – Student, Faculty, and Staff Campus Life Committee
The Board will reconvene in open session at approximately 10:30 a.m.; agenda items include:
- Presentation regarding the feasibility of a possible merger between UT San Antonio and UT Health Science Center – San Antonio
- Proposal to designate John T. Tate, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus of Mathematics at UT Austin, as Regental Professor Emeritus
- Report on use and availability of electronic textbooks
- Report on the Texas Ignition Fund
- Presentation of Certificate of Appreciation to Student Regent Karim A. Meijer
The Board will adjourn at approximately 12:30 p.m.