AUSTIN – The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System will meet Wednesday and Thursday, Aug. 11-12, in Austin. The meeting will be held on the ninth floor of Ashbel Smith Hall, 201 W. 7th Street.
Parking for the news media will be available at the guard kiosk on Colorado Street between 7th and 6th Streets.
The Agenda Book  for the meeting is available online.
Wednesday, Aug. 11
9:30 a.m. – Student, Faculty, and Staff Campus Life Committee; agenda items include:
- Annual Meeting with Officers of the UT System Faculty Advisory Council
10:30 a.m. – Audit, Compliance, and Management Review Committee; agenda items include:
- Approval to hire an external auditor to provide financial auditing services for Fiscal Year 2011 at UT System, UT MD Anderson Cancer Center and The University of Texas Investment Management Company.
The Board will convene at approximately 11:30 a.m. and immediately recess into executive session to discuss proposed negotiated gifts, personnel, legal and real estate matters. Any action will be taken in open session.
1:30 p.m. – Special Meeting of the Health Affairs Committee; agenda items include:
- Panel discussion with the UT System health institution presidents, Executive Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs Dr. Kenneth I. Shine and Regents on the impact of recently enacted health care legislation on the provision of health care, and on the administration of Medicaid in Texas
2:45 p.m. – Finance and Planning Committee; agenda items include:
- Shared Services Initiative Update
3:45 p.m. – Facilities Planning and Construction Committee
The Board will reconvene in open session at approximately 4:45 p.m. for a presentation on the 2010 Regents’ Outstanding Teaching Awards and remarks by representative faculty.
The meeting will recess at approximately 5:30 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 12
8:00 a.m. – Academic Affairs Committee; agenda items include:
- Report on the Science and Technology Acquisition and Retention (STARs) program
- Discussion on academic leadership matters related to the impact of budget cuts
9:30 a.m. – Health Affairs Committee; agenda items include:
- Approval of a new logo and brand identity for UT Medical Branch - Galveston
- Quarterly report on health matters, including Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas funding and health care working group activities.
The Board will reconvene in open session at approximately 10:30 a.m.; agenda items include:
- Chancellor’s Report on the State of the System
- Proposed appointments of former Regent John W. Barnhill, Jr., as regental representative to the UT Austin Intercollegiate Athletics Council for Men and Ambassador Pamela P. Willeford to the UT Austin Intercollegiate Athletics Council for Women
- Discussion and appropriate action regarding personnel aspects of the UT System Administration operating budget for Fiscal Year 2011
The Board will adjourn at approximately 12:15 p.m.