AUSTIN – The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System will meet Wednesday and Thursday, May 11-12, in Austin. The meeting will be held on the ninth floor of Ashbel Smith Hall, 201 W. 7th Street.
Parking for the news media will be available at the guard kiosk on Colorado Street between 7th and 6th Streets.
The Agenda Book  for the meeting is available online.
Wednesday, May 11
The Board will convene at approximately 8:00 a.m. and immediately recess into executive session; agenda items include:
- Discussion of individual personnel matters related to presidential search at UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Discussion and appropriate action regarding compensation of UT Austin's Head Men's Basketball Coach Richard D. Barnes
- Discussion and appropriate action concerning the deployment or specific occasions for implementation of security personnel or devices on UT System campuses
- Discussion and appropriate action regarding proposed negotiated gifts, personnel and legal matters
The Board will reconvene in open session at approximately 3:30 p.m. for action, if any, on executive session items.
4:00 p.m. – Audit, Compliance, and Management Review Committee
The meeting will recess at approximately 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 12
The Board will reconvene in open session at approximately 8:00 a.m.; agenda items include:
- Presentation and recommendations by UT System Chancellor Francisco G. Cigarroa, M.D., on A Framework for Advancing Excellence throughout The University of Texas System
- Status reports on the work of the Task Force on University Excellence and Productivity and the Task Force on Blended and Online Learning
- Annual Meeting with officers of the UT System Student Advisory Council
10:30 a.m. – Academic Affairs Committee; agenda items include:
- Discussion on academic leadership matters related to challenges in educating underserved populations
12:30 p.m. – Health Affairs Committee; agenda items include:
- Discussion featuring research opportunities, accomplishments and challenges at UT Health Science Center – San Antonio
2:00 p.m. – Finance and Planning Committee; agenda items include:
- Approval of $6 million of Available University Funds for a Shared Services Initiative
3:00 p.m. – Facilities Planning and Construction Committee
4:00 p.m. – Technology Transfer and Research Committee
The Board will adjourn at approximately 5:00 p.m.