AUSTIN – The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System will meet Thursday, Nov. 10, in Austin. The meeting will be held on the ninth floor of Ashbel Smith Hall, 201 W. 7th Street.
Parking for the news media will be available at the guard kiosk on Colorado Street between 7th and 6th Streets.
The agenda book  for the meeting is available online.
8:00 a.m. – Facilities Planning and Construction Committee
9:00 a.m. – Technology Transfer and Research Committee; agenda items include:
- Report on the UT Horizon Fund
- Report on the Stampede Supercomputer that will enable petascale computing for science and engineering
10:00 a.m. – Academic Affairs Committee; agenda items include:
- Approval to establish a university charter school, pursue a charter school application with the Texas Education Agency and the State Board of Education and delegate authority to operate the charter school to the president at UT Tyler
- Discussion and appropriate action regarding proposed revisions to the mission statements for UT Arlington, UT Dallas, UT El Paso, UT Pan American, UT San Antonio, and UT Tyler
- Academic leadership discussion about research activities, including work at the UT Austin J. J. Pickle Research Campus
11:00 a.m. – Health Affairs Committee; agenda items include:
- Discussion featuring research opportunities, accomplishments and challenges at UT Medical Branch - Galveston
- Report on the Supply Chain Alliance Strategic Plan
- Discussion and appropriate action regarding proposed revisions to the mission statement for UT Health Science Center - San Antonio
- Discussion regarding the changing health care environment
The Board will convene in open session at 12:00 p.m. to discuss findings from the Deloitte & Touche LLP review on information security compliance effectiveness.
The Board will recess into executive session at 12:20 p.m. for discussion and appropriate action regarding proposed negotiated gifts, personnel, real estate and legal matters; agenda items include:
- Discussion of legal issues related to accreditation at UT Health Science Center – San Antonio
- Discussion and appropriate action concerning legal and personnel issues related to correctional managed care at UT Medical Branch – Galveston
The Board will reconvene in open session at 2:20 p.m. to consider action, if any, on executive session items.
2:30 p.m. – Audit, Compliance, and Management Review Committee
3:15 p.m. – Finance and Planning Committee
The Board will reconvene in open session at 3:45 p.m.; agenda items include:
- Annual meeting with officers of the UT System Employee Advisory Council
- Ratification of designation of Bruce A. Beutler, M.D., as a Regental Professor
The Board will adjourn at approximately 5:30 p.m.