The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley will enroll its inaugural class of first-year students in the fall of 2015. The new university will combine the talent, assets and resources of UT Brownsville, UT-Pan American and the Regional Academic Health Center (RAHC), along with other resources, to create a new model of university excellence that will become a global leader in innovation, education, research and health care. Students admitted to or currently enrolled at UT Brownsville and UT-Pan American will be automatically admitted to the new university. New students may apply for UTRGV beginning this fall at www.applytexas.org  . Students applying for the spring or summer semesters of 2015 will continue to use the UTPA or UTB Apply Texas applications. Questions? Contact email@example.com .
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Degree Program Inventory 
- added July 22,2014
Admissions standards for UTRGV 
-added July 30, 2014
Frequently Asked Questions
When and how do I apply to UTRGV?
- Undergraduate students can apply for UTRGV's 2015 fall semester at www.applytexas.org  beginning this fall 2014.
- Undergraduate students applying for the spring and summer semesters of 2015 will continue to apply through UTPA and UTB.
- Graduate students can apply for UTRGV’s 2015 fall semester through the Embark application system which can be accessed through the Office of Graduate Studies at UTPA  or at UTB  beginning later this summer 2014.
- Graduate students applying for the spring and summer semesters of 2015 will continue to apply through UTPA and UTB.
What are the admission requirements for UTRGV?
High school graduates in the top 10% of their graduating class receive assured admission to UTRGV. But we know there is more that makes a successful student. UTRGV students are talented, compassionate, hard-working, goal-oriented and community-minded. To learn more about each Entering Freshman applicant UTRGV Admissions is based on a holistic approach.
Admissions decisions will be based on work during their high school career. Factors for review will include:
- Class Rank
- Prior College Hours
- College Entrance Exams (SAT/ACT)
- The rigor of high school courses completed
- Leadership Experience
- Community Involvement
- Career goals
- Short answer essay
Assured Admissions is in place for Transfer applicants who have earned an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college. Former UTB and UTPA students who were not officially enrolled during the Fall 2014 or Spring/Summer 2015 semester are required to apply for admission as transfer students to UTRGV. All high school graduates regardless of dual enrolled hours earned who have not attended another college or university since graduating must apply as first-time freshman.
- For applicants with more than 24 college hours, a minimum GPA of 2.0 is required.
- For applicants with less than 24 college hours, the Entering Freshman admissions requirement must be followed.
The minimum admissions criteria for all graduate programs at The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley include the following unless a higher standard is included in the program-specific criteria:
- Earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or a recognized international equivalent in a field similar to that of the graduate program to which application is being made.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 overall required for clear admission.
- GRE or GMAT entrance exams, when required, must be taken within 5 years of application, unless otherwise specified.
- International students: Minimum language proficiency requirement of 550 on the paper-based TOEFL (213 computer-based, 79 internet-based or 6.5 IELTS) or successful completion of the highest level of the UTRGV Language Institute.
Application materials required of all applicants:
- Official transcripts from each institution attended must be submitted directly to UTRGV.
- International applicants must submit a notarized English translation of their transcripts and have their transcripts evaluated by the Foreign Credentials Service of America or other agency recognized by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
A graduate program may require higher admissions criteria than shown above and may have additional requirements of the applicants. Some programs may admit on a conditional basis if an applicant does not meet the minimum undergraduate GPA requirement for clear admission or program-specific criteria. The program-specific criteria are shown below.
Admission to each program is based on a holistic review of the application materials.
When can I expect to receive notification of my admissions to UTRGV?
- First-time freshman applicants for the fall 2015 semester who have a complete admissions file, can expect to receive notification of the admissions decision by the middle of March 2015 . A complete applications requires submission of all requests admissions items to include the following:
o ApplyTexas admission application including the essay portion
o 6th or 7th official high school transcript or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
o Official SAT or ACT test results
o For freshman applicants attending a private high school, home school or non-Texas high school, submission of a High School Certification form
Make sure you mark the dates and deadlines below on your calendar so we have all the information necessary to help you enroll at UTRGV.
Dates and Deadlines:
- Fall Priority Admission Deadline: February 1, 2015
- First Class Day: August 24, 2015
Will UTRGV have an admissions application fee?
- All fees, including the admissions application fee, will be published fall 2014. Check back here for more information.
I’m taking the ACT/SAT in June, where do I send my scores?
- Until further notice, continue sending ACT/SAT scores to either UTB or UTPA (codes listed below). When codes are available for the new institution they will be published here.
What programs will be offered at UTRGV?
What type of financial assistance/scholarships will be available at UTRGV?
- UTRGV will continue participation in federal and state financial aid programs such as Pell Grant, Texas Grant, Federal Direct Student Loans, Work-Study, Hazlewood Exemption and many more. UTRGV will also offer institutional scholarship and aid programs. The composition and requirements for those programs are in the development stages. Details on these programs will be announced later this year.