Mark Gentle is a senior attorney in the Business Law Section of the Office of General Counsel where he specializes in contracting and procurement. Mr. Gentle graduated from the University of Tennessee with a BA in Political Science and from Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law at the University of Memphis with a J.D. degree. He has served as:
- Manager of Contracting and Project Management Information Systems, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, Infrastructure Division
- Legal Counsel, Texas Building and Procurement Commission
- Administrative Law Judge, Public Utility Commission of Texas
- Special Counsel, Texas State Board of Insurance
- Assistant Attorney General, Antitrust Division, Texas Attorney General’s Office
Mr. Gentle was in the private practice of law from 1994 to 2000 in Austin as a consulting attorney in the areas of contract law, health care and insurance regulation. Mr. Gentle began his career with the law firm of Knight, Custer & Duncan in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Mr. Gentle was admitted to the State Bar of New Mexico in 1981 (inactive) and admitted to the State Bar of Texas in 1982.