A new blog, "Higher Ed Beta: MOOCs and Beyond," developed by Steven Mintz, executive director of The University of Texas System Institute for Transformational Learning, went live last week and will feature submissions from individuals on the front lines of developing next generation teaching and learning experiences.
The blog is hosted on the Inside Higher Ed website. According to the first post, Higher Ed Beta will present, twice weekly, insights from those who are on the front lines of developing and creating novel, interactive, next generation teaching and learning experiences. It will provide a digital commons where learning innovators can share their insights and experiences.
Topics can range widely, and might include:
- Using technology to enhance on-campus education.
- Strategies for engaging faculty to embrace new teaching paradigms.
- Research into technology-enhanced education.
- Practical advice about next generation pedagogies, instructional design, course delivery.
- Institutional policies regarding intellectual property, faculty compensation and workloads, tenure implications, academic credit, and outsourcing of services.