UT System Regents to Meet Via Conference Call Sept. 7
AUSTIN – The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System will hold a special called meeting via telephone conference call at 9 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 7, to consider the following agenda item:
- U. T. Health Science Center - San Antonio: Discussion and appropriate action regarding proposals for the institution’s participation in a children's hospital.
While the meeting will be hosted from Austin, Board Chairman Gene Powell, Chancellor Francisco G. Cigarroa, M.D. and Executive Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs Kenneth I. Shine, M.D. will participate in the meeting from the South Texas Research Facility at UTHSC-San Antonio.
The South Texas Research Facility is located at 8403 Floyd Curl Drive in San Antonio. Members of the media may park in official business slots in Lot 23 on the west side of the facility. Reporters may attend the meeting in San Antonio or may listen to the telephone conference in person on the 9th floor of the UT System’s Ashbel Smith Hall, 201 W. 7th Street, Austin. Parking for news media in Austin will be available at the guard kiosk on Colorado Street, between 6th and 7th Streets.
The meeting is expected to adjourn by 10 a.m.
The following UT System leaders will be available at the South Texas Research Facility to answer questions from the media immediately after the meeting adjourns:
- Chairman Gene Powell
- Chancellor Francisco G. Cigarroa, M.D.
- Executive Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs Kenneth I. Shine, M.D.
- UTHSC-San Antonio Interim President Kenneth Kalkwarf, D.D.S., M.S.
- UTHSC-San Antonio School of Medicine Dean Francisco Gonzalez-Scarano, M.D.