UT System announces groundbreaking, transformational plan for advancing excellence in education and health in South Texas
AUSTIN – The University of Texas System Chancellor Francisco G. Cigarroa and Board of Regents Chairman Gene Powell will be available for questions from the media following a presentation on a bold new plan for advancing excellence in education and health in South Texas at Thursday’s Board of Regents meeting. They will be joined by:
- President Juliet Garcia, UT Brownsville
- President Robert Nelsen, UT Pan American
- Executive Vice Chancellor for Business Affairs, Scott Kelley, UT System
- Executive Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs, Ken Shine, UT System
- Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, Pedro Reyes, UT System
The Board will convene at 10:30 a.m. on the ninth floor of Ashbel Smith Hall, 201 W. 7th Street. Chancellor Cigarroa’s presentation is scheduled for 11 a.m. Open sessions of the meeting may be viewed in a live webcast. The agenda book for the meeting is available online.
Following the presentation, media availability will be held in Room 920 of Ashbel Smith Hall at 12: 30 p.m. Members of the media may attend in person or join via telephone by calling 1-888-567-1602. Please tell the operator you are joining The University of Texas System media availability. You will have the opportunity to ask questions after Chairman Powell has made an opening statement.