Page title

Changes to Degree Programs

Main page content

Requests Submitted to THECB

Effective July 1, 2021, the following degree program change requests should be submitted by campuses to the THECB directly:

  • Semester Credit Hour Change

  • CIP Code Change 

  • Degree Title/Name Change 

  • Degree Designation Change 

  • Expansion of existing bachelor’s and master’s programs to include Distance, Hybrid Modality, and off-campus face-to-face delivery (except for doctoral and professional practice programs)

In order to ensure OAA compliance with Regents’ Rules, OAA will be automatically notified when institutions submit these changes to the THECB.

Requests Submitted to OAA

Requests regarding program closures, admission changes, changes to administrative units (departments, colleges, etc.), and other miscellaneous requests should be submitted to the Office of Academic Affairs.

Please submit these requests and related documents using the appropriate forms to to the Academic Affairs Proposal Intake Form.

 Degree Program Change Requests Approval Workflow

UT Degree Program Changes Approval Workflow Image

UT System Review Process for Low-Producing Programs

This document outlines a recommended process a U. T. System institution of higher education might follow to prevent a degree program from becoming low-producing. It also  outlines the review process at the U. T. System/Board of Regents level for any degree program recommended for closure or consolidation by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.