The Board of Regents of the University of Texas System will meet in Houston on Wednesday, August 11, and Thursday, August 12. The meetings will take place at the UT M. D. Anderson Cancer Center.
Times and locations are as follows:
- Wednesday, August 11 -- 9:30 a.m. to approximately 5:30 p.m. in the Frank E. Anderson Conference Hall, Rose Zone, 11th Floor, UT M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, R. Lee Clark Clinic located at 1515 Holcombe Boulevard.
- Thursday, August 12 – 8:00 a.m. to approximately 10:30 a.m. in the Frank E. Anderson Conference Hall, Rose Zone, 11th Floor, UT M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, R. Lee Clark Clinic located at 1515 Holcombe Boulevard.
The Agenda Book for the meeting is available online.
The open sessions of the board meeting will be available for viewing via a live webcast.
Parking for credentialed news media will be available at the entrance to the Alkek Hospital located on the west side of the UT M. D. Anderson campus at the corner of Bertner and Bates streets. Additional parking is available in TMC Garage 2 directly across the street from the Alkek Hospital entrance.
Agenda items include:
- Review and approval of operating budgets for fiscal year 2005.
- Review and approval of the amendments to the System-wide Capital Improvement Program for 2004–2009.
- Approval of new degree programs at UT El Paso and UT San Antonio.
- Update on Sarbanes-Oxley initiatives.
- Update on Accountability initiatives.
- Report on selected legislative issues for the 79th Texas Legislative Session.
- Review and approval of amendments to the management services agreement and bylaws of The University of Texas Investment Management Company (UTIMCO).