The Office of General Counsel
UT System Offices
Join us for the OGC 2017 Legal Conference - September 28th & 29th!
The Office of General Counsel leads and serves our eight academic and six health institutions and UT System Administration to proactively manage legal affairs and solve legal problems to achieve UT System’s overall educational mission.
The Office of General Counsel is divided into five sections, as well as specialty area subsections:
- Business Law, with specialty areas in:
- Claims and Financial Litigation
- General Law
- Health Law, including oversight of:
- The University of Texas System Professional Medical Liability Benefit Plan
- Annual Reports of the Professional Medical Liability Benefit Plan
- Handbook of the Professional Medical Liability Benefit Plan
- Risk Management Education required for all physicians covered by the Plan
- Real Estate