Sec. 1 Published Fees.
Tuition, fees, and other charges will be fixed as prescribed or authorized by statute and the relative debt covenants of the Board and will be published in the institutional catalog with a description of the criteria for any authorized exemptions and waivers.
Sec. 2 Exemptions and Waivers.
The authority of the Board of Regents to grant exemptions and waivers from tuition, fees, and other charges in accordance with statute, is delegated to the presidents of the institutions.
Sec. 3 Delegation of Approval of Certain Fees and Charges.
Subject to the obligation of the Board to set fees and charges at levels sufficient to comply with the covenants made in the Master Resolution Establishing the Revenue Financing System and in related agreements and debt instruments entered into or issued thereunder, the Board of Regents delegates to the presidents the authority to assess and collect the following fees and other charges, upon a finding by the president that such fees and other charges and changes to such fees and other charges are required for the fee or other charge to reasonably reflect the actual cost to the institution of the materials or services to be provided. Except for the approval of continuing education course fees, which is delegated directly to the president by Rule 40403, the approval authority granted herein is conditioned on prior review and approval by the Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs or the Executive Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs.
- Fees for Vehicle Registration and Fees and Other Charges associated with parking, as authorized by Texas Education Code Sections 51.202(a) and 54.505
- Matriculation Fee, as authorized by Texas Education Code Section 54.006(a-1)
- Fees Associated with the Option to Pay Tuition by Installment, as authorized by Texas Education Code Section 54.007(c)
- Supplemental Fees for coaching or individual instruction, as authorized by Texas Education Code Section 54.051(l)
- Laboratory Fees, as authorized by Texas Education Code Section 54.501(a)
- Incidental Fees, as authorized by Texas Education Code Section 54.504 including, but not limited to, course fees
- Charges and Fees for Certain Payments, related to electronic funds transfer or credit card payment, as authorized by Texas Education Code Section 54.5011
- Fees and Other Charges for rentals, rates, and charges for certain occupancy, services, use and availability of facilities or services including, but not limited to, student housing room and board rates as authorized by Texas Education Code Section 55.16
- Continuing Education Course Fees, as authorized by Texas Education Code Section 54.545 and further detailed in Rule 40403.
Sec. 4 Approval of Method of Payment.
The Board of Regents delegates to the presidents of the institutions the authority to collect the payment of tuition, fees, and other charges in accordance with those methods prescribed or authorized by statute.
Sec. 5 Student Fees Associated with CIP Projects.
In accordance with Rule 80301 of these Rules, Board approval of a Capital Improvement Program (CIP) project shall be obtained prior to the call for a student election to authorize new or increased fees to fund the CIP project.
December 12, 2013
Editorial amendments made to Number 4 on March 6, 2012
November 10, 2011
Editorial amendments made to Section 3 and Number 5 on September 17, 2008
Editorial amendments made to Section 3 on February 15, 2008
August 23, 2007
December 10, 2004