UT System Regents to Meet in El Paso November 12 - 13
AUSTIN – The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System will meet Wednesday and Thursday, November 12 - 13, in El Paso. The meetings will be in the Tomas Rivera Conference Center (TRCC) and Templeton Suite, Union Building East, 500 West University Avenue, The University of Texas at El Paso campus.
Out-of-town reporters may view the open sessions of the meeting via a live webcast
The agenda book for the meeting is available online.
Wednesday, Nov. 12
The Board will convene at approximately 11:00 a.m. and immediately recess to executive session to discuss legal, real estate and personnel matters and proposed negotiated gifts; agenda items include:
- UT Medical Branch – Galveston: legal issues related to recovery from Hurricane Ike
- UT Medical Branch – Galveston: discussion and appropriate action regarding individual personnel matters relating to the appointment, employment, evaluation, compensation, assignment and duties of UTMB employees
Any action will be taken in open session.
Committee meetings are scheduled to begin at approximately 1:00 p.m. in TRCC.
1:00 p.m. – Concurrent meetings of the Audit, Compliance, and Management Review Committee (Templeton Suite) and the Student, Faculty, and Staff Campus Life Committee (TRCC)
2:00 p.m. – Finance and Planning Committee; agenda items include:
- Shared Services Initiative Report including Regional Data Centers, North Texas Student Information System, Time and Effort Reporting, and Supply Chain Alliance
3:00 p.m. – Academic Affairs Committee; agenda items include:
- Report on potential natural gas production and plans for investing projected revenues at the University of Texas at Arlington
- Discussions on academic leadership matters – the importance of research as part of the higher education enterprise
4:00 p.m. – Health Affairs Committee; agenda items include:
- Update on the status and cost savings of shared purchasing initiatives of the UT System Supply Chain Alliance
The meeting will recess at approximately 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 13
8:30 a.m. – Special Meeting of the Health Affairs Committee; agenda items include:
- Discussion of leadership and management development programs
9:30 a.m. – Facilities, Planning and Construction Committee; agenda items include:
- Fiscal Year 2008 Energy Utility Task Force Report
The Board will reconvene in open session at approximately 10:30 a.m.; agenda items include:
- Chancellor’s quarterly updates – impact of Hurricane Ike on UT System institutions
- Approval to establish a major Systemwide new initiative in Innovations in Undergraduate Education
- Approval of program details for the Regents’ Outstanding Teachers Awards and the Center for Technology Commercialization
The meeting will adjourn at approximately 12:30 p.m.