Main page content
UT System Regents to Meet on May 2-3
AUSTIN – The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System will meet Wednesday and Thursday, May 2-3, in Austin. The meeting will be held on the ninth floor of Ashbel Smith Hall, 201 W. 7th Street.
The Agenda Book for the meeting is available online. Reporters are encouraged to print the agenda book as hard copies will not be available at the Board meeting.
Open sessions of the meeting may be viewed via a live webcast.
Wednesday, May 2
9:00 a.m. – Audit, Compliance, and Management Review Committee
10:00 a.m. – Technology Transfer and Research Committee; agenda items include:
The Board will convene in open session at approximately 11:00 a.m. and will immediately recess into executive session to discuss proposed negotiated gifts, personnel, real estate and legal matters. Any action will be taken in open session; agenda items include:
- Discussion and appropriate action regarding update on safety and security issues, including security audits and the deployment of security personnel and devices
The Board will reconvene in open session at approximately 1:30 p.m. for action, if any, on executive session items.
2:00 p.m. – Academic Affairs Committee
3:15 p.m. – Health Affairs Committee; agenda items include:
- Update of the Transformation in Medical Education (TIME) program
4:30 p.m. – Facilities Planning and Construction Committee
The Board will recess at approximately 5:30 p.m.
Thursday, May 3
8:00 a.m. – Finance and Planning Committee
The Board will reconvene in open session at approximately 8:30 a.m.; agenda items include:
- Annual Meeting with officers of the UT System Student Advisory Council
- Regents’ Outstanding Student Awards in Arts and Humanities with a presentation and a short musical performance
- Discussion and appropriate action regarding establishment of medical schools in Austin and South Texas
- Discussion and appropriate action regarding proposed tuition and fee plans
- Certificate of appreciation to Student Regent John Davis Rutkauskas
The meeting will adjourn at approximately 12:45 p.m.