UT System Regents to Meet May 8-9
AUSTIN – The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System will meet Wednesday and Thursday, May 8-9, in Austin. The meeting will be held on the ninth floor of Ashbel Smith Hall, 201 W. 7th Street.
The agenda book and links to the live webcast for the meeting are available online.
Wednesday, May 8
9 a.m. – Audit, Compliance, and Management Review Committee
10:30 a.m. – Academic Affairs Committee; agenda items include:
- Approval of the campus and medical school master plan at UT Austin
12:30 p.m. – Finance and Planning Committee
1:30 p.m. – Health Affairs Committee; agenda items include:
- Update on the San Antonio Children’s Hospital
3 p.m. – Facilities Planning and Construction Committee
4 p.m. – Technology Transfer and Research Committee
The Board will recess at about 5 p.m.
Thursday, May 9
The Board will convene in open session at about 8:30 a.m.; agenda items include:
- Presentation of the Regents’ Outstanding Student Awards in Arts and Humanities-Visual Arts winners and their artwork
- Interim report from the Task Force on Inappropriate Employee/Student Relationships
- Status report from the Advisory Task Force on Best Practices Regarding University Affiliated Foundation Relationships
- Interim report from the Task Force on Engineering Education for the 21st Century
- Legislative Update for the 83rd Legislative Session
The Board will recess into executive session at about 11 a.m. and reconvene in open session at about 12:45 p.m. to consider action on executive session items, if any, and for approval of authority to expend up to $1 million of Available University Funds for campus security enhancements.
The Board will adjourn at about 1:15 p.m.