UT System Regents to meet July 10
AUSTIN – The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System will meet Wednesday, July 10, in Austin. The meeting will be held on the ninth floor of Ashbel Smith Hall, 201 W. 7th Street.
The agenda book and links to the live webcast for the meeting are available online.
The Board will convene in open session at 2 p.m. to introduce new Board members attending and then recess for committee meetings.
2:15 p.m. – Facilities Planning and Construction Committee
2:30 p.m. – Academic Affairs Committee; agenda items include:
- Presentation by MyEdu on connections with employers to UT System students
The Board will convene in open session at about 3 p.m.; agenda items include:
- Discussion and appropriate action regarding proposed guiding principles for the new university in the Rio Grande Valley
- Announcement of health institution recipients of the 2013 Regents’ Outstanding Teaching Awards and remarks by representative faculty
- Report on naming of the Center for Latin American Law to honor former US Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison
- Legislative update for the 83rd Legislative Session
The Board will recess into executive session at about 4 p.m. and reconvene in open session at about 5:25 p.m. to consider action on executive session items, if any.
The Board will adjourn at about 5:30 p.m.