UT System Regents to meet Nov. 14
AUSTIN – The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System will meet Thursday, Nov. 14, in Austin. The meeting will be held on the ninth floor of Ashbel Smith Hall, 201 W. 7th Street.
The agenda book and links to the live webcast for the meeting are available online. Parking for news media is available at the guard kiosk on Colorado Street between 7th and 6th streets.
Here are some highlights from the Board agenda (all times approximate):
8:30 a.m. – Audit, Compliance, and Management Review Committee
- Report on Systemwide internal audit activities.
9:15 a.m. – Finance and Planning Committee
- Consideration of UTIMCO annual budget and compensation program
10 a.m. – Academic Affairs Committee
- Consider approval of Doctor of Pharmacy degree for UT Tyler
- Report on Science and Technology Acquisition and Retention (STARs) program at academic institutions
10:45 a.m. – Health Affairs Committee
- Report on Science and Technology Acquisition and Retention (STARs) program at health institutions
11:45 a.m. – Executive Session
1 p.m. – Facilities Planning and Construction Committee
- Update on master plan for new university campus in South Texas
1:45 p.m. – Meeting of the Board in Open Session
- Consider allocation of $265.6 million from Permanent University Fund (PUF) for capital projects, including $196 million for the new university and medical school in South Texas
- Consider funding for the UT System Research Incentive Program for Comprehensive Universities
3 p.m. – Annual meeting of the Board with the Employee Advisory Council
4 p.m. – Technology Transfer and Research Committee
- Update on the UT Horizon Fund portfolio
4:45 p.m. – Adjourn