Main page content
The University of Texas Health Intelligence Platform (UT-HIP) is a program designed to integrate and analyze health data from The University of Texas System’s six health institutions and two medical schools. Working collaboratively across the system, drawing on the expertise of UT healthcare leaders, the data and analytics will be used to improve patients’ experience of care, improve the health of the populations served by UT institutions, and reduce the overall cost of health care across the system.
ILLUMINATE: Highlight the details that have led to variability of care in order to identify opportunities for intervention.
IDENTIFY: Ascertain opportunities across the institutions.
IMPROVE: Support value improvement initiatives for selected conditions.
The program deploys two analytic platforms to achieve its goals, Vizient Clinical Database (CDB) and Epic Constellation.
- Vizient CDB incorporates quality data from 97% of the nation's academic medical centers in order to create comparisons of health-related measures like mortality, length of stay, readmission rates, and hospital-acquired conditions, as well as cost and efficiency measures. UT-HIP creates custom dashboards, rank report cards, and clinical quality reports that allows users to compare their performance to national peers and their fellow UT institutions. Read more about UT-HIP and Vizient CDB.
- Epic Constellation is a software platform that aggregates electronic health records (EHRs) from multiple organizations to focus on population health management, ambulatory quality, and disease registry capabilities. UT-HIP uses Epic Constellation as a system-wide platform to inform regional and state population health efforts and improve patient outcomes. Read more about UT-HIP and Epic Constellation.
- The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- The University of Texas System Office of Employee Benefits (OEB)
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School
- The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine
UT-HIP was chartered by The UT System Office of Health Affairs, and is coordinated by The University of Texas Health
Science Center at Houston School of Biomedical Informatics.
- Executive Sponsor, and Chair, Steering Committee: John Zerwas, MD, Executive Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs, The University of Texas System.
- Program Sponsor: Zain Kazmi, Assistant Vice Chancellor and Chief Analytics Officer, Health Affairs, The University of Texas System.
- Coordinating Center Director: Robert Murphy, MD, Associate Dean for Applied Informatics and Associate Professor, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
- Executive Director: Quamishia ShuRon Green, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
- Physician Lead, Epic Constellation Program: John C Frenzel, MD, Director of the Learning Health System, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
For more information on UT-HIP, contact Zain Kazmi at firstname.lastname@example.org or ShuRon Green at Quamishia.S.Green@uth.tmc.edu