The Office of Communications and Media Relations (512-499-4363) is responsible for developing and overseeing The University of Texas System’s efforts to inform and engage the public, employees and other constituents.
This is accomplished through the following areas:
Media Relations works with journalists and media entities throughout Texas and across the nation to help the public better understand the contributions and the operations of the UT System and UT institutions. On a day-to-day basis, the team manages numerous incoming media requests for information, and collaborates with UT System offices to proactively implement communications strategies. The media relations team also coordinates with the Chancellor’s office, the Board office and colleagues at UT institutions to keep leaders informed on issues management and aware of potential news coverage.
Contact: Karen Adler
Communications creates tools and processes to enhance communications and collaboration with the goal of increasing awareness and understanding of UT System initiatives, goals and achievements. The team also provides communications support and guidance to colleagues at UT institutions and System Administration.
Contact: Cathy Biow
Digital & Web Services leads the strategy, development, maintenance and security of the UT System’s top-level public websites and social media channels. The team maintains and enhances UT System’s content management infrastructure – empowering employees throughout the organization to efficiently and effectively publish information. In addition to providing daily web support, guidance and training to all offices – including the Board of Regents, Chancellor and Executive Offices – the team also collaborates with UT institutions to amplify their online messaging and to provide expert consultation on high-level web projects.
Contact: Group Webteam Mailing List
Digital & Web Services areas of expertise and services offered include:
- Custom web development and design
- Website publishing training and user support
- Social media communications and campaigns
- Digital and content strategy consultation
- Web accessibility compliance scanning and remediation
- Digital project scoping and software/vendor evaluation
- Troubleshooting and support for web publishers
- Web content migration
- Digital analytics reporting and interpretation
- Email communications design and execution
- Search engine optimization
- General technical problem solving
Creative Services actively serves and collaborates with UT System offices and departments to provide strategic and design services to support UT System programs, events and initiatives. Utilizing effective strategies and techniques, the team solves visual communication challenges through art direction, brand strategy, project management, print design and videography. Creative Services can help identify various audiences and provide the skill and creativity to visually communicate the UT System story – and assist in navigating departmental creative projects from concept to production. Additionally, the team works with UT institutions to create and provide official visual assets including but not limited to logos, seals, colors, visual identities and b-roll.
Contact: Mehran Poursmaeili
Creative Services offers:
- Conceptualization and creative execution
- Guidance on branding and graphic standards
- Business cards and letterhead
- Logos and visual identities
- Banners, specialty items and promotional materials
- Staff headshots/portraits
- Brochures, posters and flyers
- Invitations, announcements and programs
- Certificates, plaques and awards
- Newsletters: print and electronic
- Environmental graphics
UT System Branding Resources:
- Business Cards and Letterhead
- System Seal/Logo Downloads
- PowerPoint Templates
- All Branding Resources