- We are a formative stage venture capital fund.
- We invest in companies that have UT System innovations or equity.
- We are a collaborative co-investor and a committed long-term partner.
- We do not price or lead a round.
Investing in UT innovators makes sense.
The UT System Board of Regents created the UT Horizon Fund in 2011 to help System-related companies create social and financial wealth.
Today, the UT Horizon Fund is part of a thriving ecosystem that makes Texas one of the best places in the world to start and grow a company.
With $50M in committed capital to date, the UT Horizon Fund is one of the leading university-sponsored strategic investment vehicles in the United States.
We are currently investing alongside other capital sources in growing companies with tangible ties to UT System institutions.
Are we a fit for you?
If your company is seeking funding, ask yourself the following questions:
- Does your company have a technology license agreement with a UT System institution or does a UT System institution own equity in your company?
- Does your company have a full-time CEO or leader?
- Have you started implementing a business plan?
- Do you have a reasonable expectation that you will attract other investors in your current funding round?