Applications are now closed
The Office of Talent & Innovation is excited to announce the launch of the UT System Internship Program (UTSIP) pilot for Summer 2020. UTSIP is designed for rising Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors enrolled in UT System institutions. It is a paid, 10-week program that provides hands-on work experience in a professional setting for students exploring career options. The Summer intern cohort (10-15 interns) will take part in a robust professional development curriculum, mentoring and regular feedback from supervisors to facilitate professional growth.
Due to COVID-19, UTSIP will launch in a modified, virtual format.
- Financial Analyst Intern, Office of the Controller
- Legislative Intern, Office of Governmental Relations
- Communications Intern, Office of Information Security
- Security Governance, Risk & Compliance Intern, Office of Information Security
- Data Visualization Intern, Office of Institutional Research & Analysis
- Research & Reporting Intern, Office of Institutional Research & Analysis
- Human Resources Intern, Office of Talent & Innovation
- Innovation Intern, Office of Talent & Innovation
- UT System IT Intern, Office of Technology & Information Services
Eligibility: To be eligible for a UTSIP position, students must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at one of the 14 University of Texas institutions.
Key Dates: 2020
|Application Deadline||March 25|
|Offer Acceptance Deadline (revised)||May 6|
|Orientation (revised)||June 1|
|Start Date (revised)||June 2|
|End Date||August 7|
- HOUSING: Interns are responsible for their own housing.
- LOCATION: Downtown Austin, UT System Administration Building. Due to COVID-19, remote if needed.
- TRANSPORTATION: Free parking at the UT System Administration Building for the duration of the internship and free transportation on Capital Metro.
- GYM: Free on-site gym facilities.
- MENTOR: In addition to support from the department and direct supervisor, each intern will be assigned a mentor. Mentors are professional UTS staff volunteers committed to supporting the UTSIP interns throughout the summer.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
- Contribute to UT student career development & success through real work experience.
- Develop collaboration skills for a diverse, multi-generational workforce.
- Offer hands-on experience in the student’s field/function of study.
- Provide a safe environment for professional development.